I had a feeling I wouldn't be very good at keeping up with this regularly. There just never seems to be enough hours in a day to do it all! Three weeks here holds enough activity for three months, so I really need to work on keeping things a little more current!
SHIP moved into their new house...and this week we will move back into our old house! To try to make a long (though interesting) story short, the "administrator" of the subdivision was upset that we did not rent the house SHE showed us (therefore, she didn't receive any commission), so she decided she didn't want us living in the subdivision! Though she has no legal leg to stand on, she has "physical" power over the guards and board of directors, and has harassed us continuously since we moved in. She has gone so far as to not allow our moving trucks in, and to make us open the gate on our own (the guards are supposed to do it). The staff and children feel like they're living in a prison, and there is such an oppression there, that we have decided to just leave. Though we've done nothing wrong, and could file a legal case against her, the Lord keeps bringing to mind the verses of how Jesus was beaten, afflicted, and yet "he opened not his mouth".
On a personal note, just about the whole family (except Brock) had the flu 2 weeks ago. Thinking it could have been the H1N1, it spread fast, hit hard and we still have lingering symptoms...but who knows! The kids at the home seemed to pass it around after I started it, but I think everyone is on the mend now.
David (our oldest son) has decided NOT to go into the Air Force. That was quite a shock to us, and very disappointing. He's been set on this decision for several months now, and there's a million reasons why we believe it's the right choice for him; but he's 18 now...you know, the magical age when they suddenly know it all and have it all under control?!? He doesn't want to leave home (or his girlfriend) right now, so he's decided to go to the community college. I hope and pray that God has His way in his life, it's SO hard to non-parent from 8,000 miles away!!!
Luke...well, please pray for Luke! He's gone through some VERY difficult things in the last few weeks. He's had two very close friends suffer serious injuries. One of his best friends from childhood almost died in his presence last week, he lost his job (supposedly due to lack of business), and many other things are discouraging him right now. I know he's making some poor choices, and I fear for him...but we're at a loss for what to do. It's SO hard to parent from 8,000 miles away!!!
Well, I could go on and on about the 40 year old alcoholic who was living with us, the issues we've had with workers, issues with some of our teenage girls here, thievery, scandal...blah, blah, blah...but I won't bore you!
Ephesians 6:12 says, "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."
I believe we're in a great spiritual battle. We are being accosted on every side, and some days it's hard to "just keep swimming". Please keep our family in your prayers that God will give us strength and wisdom. Please pray for protection for our children!

Kim, You all are really facing some battles. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDeleteTammy