Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Rainy Days, Mondays...and the big 4-0

As I headed through traffic this morning to renew my seriously expired Filipino driver's license, the joy and excitement I felt caught me quite off-guard! After all, I'm turning 40 today, wasn't I supposed to be depressed or something? And yet, I felt so free and full of life! Never mind that I would spend the next several hours going from office to office, tediously accomplishing one step at a time in order to have my license renewed...I was going to be with one of my best friends! After the LTO (land transportation office), we were planning to have lunch and then she was treating me to a massage at a wonderful place near our home.
I got to thinking...I love rainy days and Mondays, why would turning 40 get me down? Christmas day is depressing, Saturdays frustrate me...give me a rainy Monday or December 26th any time! I'm sure someone could name my psychological disfunction, maybe even prescribe medicine for it; however, I feel like I have a new lease on life...like I'm a grown up now, and I'm ready to accomplish something! I have a new energy and my heart is revived. 40's? Bring it on!!!
Anyway, the day held no disappointments for me. Getting my driver's license renewed: 2 hours and $20. Lunch for two at O Mai Khan mongolian buffet: $13. Three hours at the spa (to include whirlpool, sauna, body scrub, massage, manicure, pedicure and showers): $50 (for 2 people!!!) A surprise birthday cake at SHIP and getting to be with some of the people I love most on this blessed day: priceless!




4 comments:

  1. you sound more like your dad every day! I love rainy days...and Mondays...and Dec. 26th, and I was so excited when I turned 40....then 60...I love you! Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog!! I'm so happy that you had a wonderful birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! Did your dad post something on the internet (above). I MUST be seeing things!

    By the way, I will be posting about your blog on mine soon so get busy and write some more posts.

    I will be sending readers your way!

    ReplyDelete

green dots

banks