Last year, shortly before we left, John had signed him and the 2 oldest boys up for a year's membership at a little gym nearby in order to get them out of the house and supplement their home-schooling P.E. curriculum. When we then decided to leave, the gym graciously (and against policy) agreed to freeze all the memberships. When John returned this week to activate his membership again, and tell them that the boys had not returned with us, they then asked him who would be using their memberships?!? (the non-transferable ones!) SO, guess who just joined the gym? yippee? I actually just prefer to walk...but with rainy season starting so early, and my ever-tugging busy schedule, I really have difficulty setting that time aside. The older I get, the more I realize the need to be intentionally active for my health!
Thursday afternoon we had a very informative meeting with a lawyer whom we just met regarding the adoption process. 3 of our little ones have cases in the court, and because of a change in the law, we are petitioning the court to withdraw their cases and handle them according to the new law (which is supposed to expedite them!). I feel such confidence that she really knows her stuff, and hopefully she can help us expedite the adoption of our babies in the future. Of course, that's with mixed emotions! You can't help but fall in love with these babies; but we know that ultimately they are best served in a home of their own, so we try our best to get them placed in good families as soon as possible!
Friday evening, our best friends here, James and Jing took our family (of 5 now, remember!) out for dinner. We had such a nice time! Afterwards we came back to our house for dessert and coffee and played some games. It's probably the most fun I've had since we've been back! I can't wait 'til the kitchen is done and we can start having guests over more often!
"This is the day that the Lord hath made; I will rejoice and be glad in it." My next post is about living in the moment!

I am so excited that you have started a blog! It will be a great way for folks to keep up with what the Lord is doing in your lives and the lives of those whom you touch every day.
ReplyDeleteMay your days be filled with His blessings and peace!
Tammy